It’s summer – which means kids home from school, trips up to Wisconsin, last minute playdates, visits to the local public pool, and not much time to write. Not to mention the fact that I’m starting to maybe think about dipping my toes back into the book writing pool. Maybe. Which – sigh! – doesn’t leave much time for blogging. But I do love this space – and love my connections and interactions with all of you – so I’m committed to trying to keep up some semblance of a regular blogging schedule over the summer. Lighter and looser. More free and fun.
Isn’t that what summer is all about after all?
Today’s Friday summer fun post is a list of things you might not know about me. Since I’m pretty much an open book and I don’t keep secrets in any of my writing, it was a little harder to come up with this list than you might think. Nonetheless, here goes…
- I don’t watch television, but I’ve subscribed to US Weekly for the past 15 years.
- I have between 5 and 10 tattoos (depending where one stops and the next one starts).
- I am a low-maintenance, aspirating minimalist fighting an innate partiality for All Things Fancy.
- One of my favorite jobs ever was working on the bottling line in my dad’s mustard factory, hairnet and all.
- I love listening to baseball games on the radio.
- Two of my nicknames are Sassy and Sassypants.
- I grew up in rural Wisconsin in a town of about 5,000 people and only two stoplights.
- Unlike most writers, I never kept a diary or journal (until very recently).
- I played piano until high school and one of my dreams is to learn to play the violin.
- I have never seen Goonies, Princess Bride, Indiana Jones, or a James Bond movie.
Your turn! Tell us something we might not know about you.
(Today’s post was inspired by Kim Roach’s 101 Blog Post Ideas.)